Metal Carport Kits
Tired of getting wet every time you have to make it to your car whenever it’s raining? And speaking of rain, just think of what the rain, sun, and other elements are doing to your car as it sits in your driveway unprotected. And that doesn’t even include any potential threats from strong storms or falling debris.
The good news is that there’s a solution, and that solution is a metal carport from American Metal Buildings! We can install it for you, OR you can opt for a custom metal carport kit. Why choose a metal carport kit from American Metal Buildings? You can save a little money, plus you’ll be able to install your own personal covered shelter on your schedule!
What Comes in Your Metal Carport Kit
Each of our metal buildings is fully customizable, and that includes our metal carport kits. And another great thing about our steel carport kits is that we provide all the building components, fasteners, and anchors you’ll need to put up your dream carport. Here’s what your metal carport kit from American Metal Buildings will include:
- Steel tubing frame and support members
- Roofing panels
- Any desired side paneling
- All needed fastening hardware, nuts, & bolts
- All required building anchors
- Any other customization features you choose (like gables, trim, etc.)
And here’s another benefit of choosing a metal carport kit. Each building component is fabricated, measured, and pre-cut to suit your exact building specifications. Once your building materials arrive on site, you’ll have everything you need to begin your own assembly and installation!
Types of Metal Carports We Can Provide with Our Carport Kits
What type of metal carport do you want? What kind of metal carport do you need? No matter what you’re looking for, American Metal Buildings has it!
- Regular Roof Carport – Regular roof carports are a popular option, not least of which for the fact that they’re the most economical option. These carport styles deliver a familiar, rounded look and come standard with horizontal roof paneling. These carports provide good protection from rain and UV exposure.
- A-Frame Roof Carport – A-frame carports (also known as boxed-eave carports) are well-liked for the manner in which their roof resembles the look of most standard house roofs. A-frames also provide more stability than the regular roof design. Like regular roofs, A-frame roofs also come standard with horizontally-oriented paneling.
- Vertical Roof Carport – The vertical roof is the best carport roof choice, offering an even stronger design and a more reliable level of performance. This roof style includes additional supports and reinforcement and also features vertical paneling, which is better for shedding precipitation and debris. Vertical carports can handle heavier wind/snow loads, too.
- One-Car Carport – If you only have one car, truck, or other personal vehicles to cover, a single carport is a way to go. The one-car carport is our smallest metal carport option, generally starting with dimensions of 12’W and 21’L. But of course, you can customize those dimensions to suit your needs.
- Two-Car Carport – A two-car carport or double carport is designed to be able to accommodate two vehicles and generally starts at a minimum width of 18’. But we recommend going wider if you’d like to be able to open your car doors without any threat of banging into any nearby objects.
- Three-Car Carport – Three-car or triple wide carports are great to have around because they’re capable of doing much more than simply covering multiple vehicles. They’re great for parking cars, trucks, or motorcycles, but they also do a great job of doubling as family picnic shelters, neighborhood gathering spaces, outdoor workshops, and more!
- RV Carport – Owning your own RV, camper, or motorhome is a wonderful thing. But where to park it when you’re not out using it? Having a reliable metal cover on your own property is a perfect way to protect your ride. We can provide a metal RV carport to suit!
- Boat Carport – Boats are great for enjoying on the water, but boats are still susceptible to moisture and weather threats whenever they’re not being used. A metal boat carport from American Metal Buildings is a perfect solution! We can help you park your boat, trailer, jet skis, or other water vehicles under protected cover.
- Motorhome Carport – A motorhome is a pretty big vehicle, and big vehicles also require reliable protection whenever you’re not using them. Where to keep your motorhome when you’re not out on the open road? Let American Metal Buildings provide you with a custom motorhome carport individually designed to meet your particular needs.
Popular Metal Carport Sizes
We’ve got metal carport solutions in all popular sizes. Not sure what size carport you need? Here are some good options we have available at American Metal Buildings.
- 12’- to 24’-Wide Carports – Single-car carports start at 12’W, but can also go up to 18’W if you have a larger vehicle to cover (like an RV). 24’W is a popular choice for a double carport which is able to accommodate two standard passenger vehicles.
- 26’- to 30’-Wide Carports – Want to add some extra storage space to your 2-car carport? Or perhaps what you really need is a carport large enough to park three passenger vehicles. Either way, a carport between 26’W and 30’W could be a great solution for you. And we’ve got them at American Metal Buildings!
Customization Options for Metal Carport Kits
Looking for some good options for customizing your metal carport? At American Metal Buildings, we offer many customization combinations for your carport kit! We’re serious about getting you the exact metal carport you need – everything from building size to roof style to colors, trim, and more are completely up to you.
- Size : How big do you want your metal carport? How big do you really need it to be? No matter what you’re looking for in a metal carport kit, we can build it to suit any width, length, and height requirements.
- Roof Style : When it comes to roof styles, you’ve got options there too:
- Regular Roof – Regular roofs provide a familiar rounded look and come with standard horizontal roof paneling. While regular roofs are the cheapest roof option, they’re not the best option for areas that tend to receive more severe weather.
- A-Frame Horizontal Roof – Also known as boxed-eave roofs, A-frame roofs are a good choice if you want your carport roof to better mimic the look of your house roof. A-frame roofs have a sturdier design than regular roofs, too.
- Vertical Roof – The vertical roof is the best carport roof option. It’s built on a sturdy A-frame, includes more reinforcement, and features vertical paneling, which does a better job of shedding precipitation and debris. And vertical roofs are really the only viable choice for larger metal structures.
- Colors : What color combination would you like for your metal carport kit? You can choose whatever color you like for the roof, trim, and any side paneling you decide to add. Make your carport stand out, or help it to blend in.
- Doors & Windows : If you decide to enclose your carport with side paneling and turn it into a garage, we’ve got roll-up doors, walk-in doors, and windows we can add to give you lots of entry points and natural ventilation options.
- Anchors : What type of foundation do you intend to use for your metal carport? American Metal Buildings can provide specialty anchors for concrete, asphalt, gravel, or plain level ground. Whatever your specific carport plans, we supply anchors to suit.
- 12- and 14-Gauge Steel Framing : 14-gauge is the standard for general usage metal carport framing, and we’ve got 14-gauge steel tubing options for most any carport. Looking for something even more solid and reliable? We’ve got thicker 12-gauge tubing for carport kits, too.
- 26- and 29-Gauge Metal Paneling : 29-gauge is the standard thickness for carport roofs and additional side panels. But if you choose, you can upgrade to a thicker, sturdier 26-gauge paneling for handling extreme weather or other more robust application needs.
- Building Certification : If you’re not familiar, building certification means your carport has been designed by a professional engineer and is rated for certain wind and snow loads. If certification is a requirement in your location, American Metal Buildings has you covered.
Site Preparation for a Metal Carport Kit
Once you place your metal carport kit order with American Metal Buildings, there are a few things you should do to make sure your site is ready for carport installation.
- Choose your install site : Where do you want to position your metal carport on your property? The first thing you’ll need to decide is exactly where you want to put your carport, and then plan accordingly.
- Obtain any needed building permits : The best way to learn about necessary permits is to check with your local building authority. And if any building permits are required for your metal carport, you’ll need to have those in hand before moving forward with your installation.
- Clear any brush or debris : If your building site contains any vegetation, trash, or debris, you’ll want to get that cleared out before you set out to begin assembling and installing your new metal carport.
- Make sure your site is level : Making sure your site is level beforehand ensures that your installed metal building will be better suited for withstanding both time and the elements, with building weight distributed evenly across each support member.
- Prepare your foundation : If you plan to install your building on a concrete or asphalt surface, you’ll need to get the foundation poured and cured before you can begin your building installation. For gravel or soil foundations, just make sure the site is level.
Multipurpose Applications for a Metal Carport Kit
Obviously, a metal carport kit is a great way to park and protect your vehicles, but there are other ways to take advantage of a custom metal shelter.
- Picnic Shelter : Do you like to grill out? Would you also like to have a covered space to host an outdoor meal or picnic for your family or for your neighbors? Use your metal carport building!
- Covered Play Area : Sending the kids outside to play is good for them, and it’s good for you, too. But if the weather isn’t cooperating, your children can use your metal carport as a covered play space.
- Outdoor Workspace : If you don’t have your own dedicated workshop, a metal carport can be used as a functional workspace for completing your own personal projects or hobbies. Get outside, and get it done!
- Covered Deck or Patio : If you’ve got a back deck or patio area – or are planning to create one – a custom metal carport can be designed to serve as a great shelter for covering your outdoor gathering space.
- Extra Outdoor Storage : Want a place to park your tractor, mower, or other lawn equipment? Need some overflow outdoor storage space for items you simply can’t fit in your house or garage? Use your metal carport kit!
Frequently Asked Questions About Metal Carports
Got some more questions about metal carports? Here are some answers to frequently asked questions we receive from homeowners and prospective customers at American Metal Buildings:
- How tall does my carport need to be? : The answer really depends on how you plan to use your carport. Most metal carports start out with a standard height of 7 or 8 feet, but that can usually be extended up to 14 feet. Measuring the clearance needed for whatever you plan to cover as a starting point, and then plan accordingly.
- Is purchasing a prefab metal carport kit worth it for protection value? : Without a doubt! There’s no better structure for protecting vehicles and providing covered shelter than a prefab metal carport kit. What does “prefab” mean, exactly? It simply means that each custom metal building component is precision fabricated in a dedicated manufacturing facility. This approach makes building construction go much faster and also makes metal carport installation a viable DIY project.
- What are good size options for a metal carport? : No matter what your vehicle parking or covered storage needs may be, American Metal Buildings can provide a custom metal carport kit to suit! We mentioned popular carport sizes like 12’W, 24’W, and 30’W above, but here are some more helpful sizing categories:
- What can you do with a metal carport kit besides storing vehicles? : A metal carport is obviously great for protecting cars and trucks, but it also provides plenty of other multipurpose usage possibilities. You can use it to cover mowers and other lawn equipment or for stacking wood to cure. A metal carport kit from American Metal Buildings also makes a great picnic shelter or place for hosting cookouts!
- Can I finance my metal carport kit? Of course, you can! At American Metal Buildings, we’re serious about providing quality metal structures, but we’re also serious about assisting you in choosing the best way to pay for them. We offer several financing and rent-to-own options to help you find an affordable solution. Connect with us to learn more about our great financing and RTO programs!
Metal Carport Kit Prices
Owning a quality metal carport makes a lot of sense, especially if you want to help prolong the value and longevity of your vehicle investments. But what does a metal carport cost? At American Metal Buildings, we understand that the price you pay for metal carport matters, so we make every effort to minimize costs and help keep our prices as low as possible.
Your total steel carport price will really depend upon a few key factors, including the size and dimensions of your structure, chosen roof style, and whatever customizations you may choose to add. And if you choose to go with a custom metal carport kit that you install yourself, you’ll receive an additional discount. Need some help making your metal carport purchase fit your budget? We can help by offering some preferred financing and rent-to-own (RTO) options, too.
Why Choose a Steel Carport Kit from American Metal Buildings?
What’s better about steel carport kits? Practically everything you can imagine. Steel is strong, rugged, reliable, and is actually more cost-effective to build with than wood. Here are a few reasons why a steel carport from American Metal Buildings is a great solution:
- Reliable Protection : The main point of having your own carport is to protect your vehicles from sun, precipitation, wind, and debris. A steel carport really delivers on these fronts, plus it’s more fire-resistant, pest-resistant, and mold-resistant.
- Flexible & Customizable : Design your steel carport kit any way you like, and build in some additional multipurpose functionality if you want. When it comes to customizing an American Metal Buildings structure, everything’s really up to you.
- Low-Maintenance : The last thing you need is a carport requiring a lot of maintenance. Steel carports are practically maintenance-free and are easy to clean, too.
Don’t wait – get in touch with American Metal Buildings today at +1 (877) 277-3060 to get your custom metal carport kit order started!
Busy? Take expert Advice
Just fill the below form to receive best pricing & information from our customers care