26’-30’ Wide Garages
Ample Space and a Ton of Possibilities!
Between parking our cars, storing various equipment, and stashing away the holiday decorations, among other needs, what would we do without our garages? Steel garages are especially getting increasingly popular in the U.S. And, nothing gives you adequate space like 26’-30’ wide garages. But that’s not all that makes them highly sought after:
Fill out the form to receive the best pricing on your dream building
Most Popular Buildings
We’ve been making online ordering easy and affordable for over 15 years. And we can help you find the perfect custom building for any need.
All Features are Customizable
The beauty of American Metal Buildings – 26’-30’ Wide Steel Garages is that you get to choose the exact look that you prefer. This ease of customization also allows you to match the forces of nature in your location.
When it comes to dimensions – length, width, and height of extra wide garages – everything is customizable according to your personal preference or needs. In the TripleWide Custom Garages, we have standard widths in increments of 2’ from 26’ to 30’, but you can always pick anything in between. The same applies to the length. That way, you have a shot at utilizing the space you have maximally. Feel free to measure the area where you want your garage installed to find out just how big or small you want to go.
The minimal leg height that you get is 6ft. The apex is the highest point, but we work with leg height for uniformity and convenience. Need additional headroom? No worries – the sky is the limit (just kidding – we can’t go that high up. Yet). But you can always add more height in increments of 4ft up to 16ft.
12 & 14 Gauge Framing
The industry standard for garages is 14-gauge framing, and we can even get you a certified one with additional features such as anchors and braces. Both 12-gauge and 14-gauge are structurally sound and will enable you to use your 26’-30’ Wide Prefab Garage safely. However, 12-gauge is thicker and has a higher tensile strength. Therefore, it provides for higher snow loads and wind loads. We recommend 12-gauge for some types of certification and incredibly tall structures.
26 & 29-Gauge Sheeting
For your roof, you can choose between 26-gauge and 29-gauge panels. Both of these roofing sheets can handle light reflection and fires pretty well. Steel roofing sheets have a class-A fire rating. The difference comes in when we start talking thickness and impact resistance. 26-gauge is thicker, sturdier, and handles impacts better than 29-gauge sheets. You would also get a stiffer and stronger roofing system by going for 26-gauge. Other than that, they both have the same appearance.
Regardless of your garage’s design and the type of surface over which you are installing, you’ll want to anchor it firmly. Can you imagine what would happen if you got everything right but left the anchoring out, and your structure got blown away?
- Rebar anchors: we use rebar anchors when installing on the ground or any other soft surface. Our rebar anchors are at least 30 inches long so they can penetrate deep into the surface for maximum support. We hammer the anchors through the base rails and into the ground (which should be flat, by the way). However, rebar anchors do not come with a warranty.
- Mobile home anchors: these are also about 30 inches long, but rather than hammering, we screw them into the ground. Then, we latch and bolt each anchor to the side of the base rails. They are ideal for loose surfaces, including asphalt foundations. You can secure a wind warranty with the right number of mobile home anchors.
- Concrete anchors: for a firm contact between your garage and the concrete floor, you want concrete anchors. We drill holes into the slab, position the anchors inside, and fasten the nut. They work by expanding when tightened. We have different-sized anchors for you, depending on the thickness of your concrete foundation.
- Asphalt anchors: this is the type of anchor that keeps everything secured to the ground when dealing with asphalt foundations. Such foundations are a mixture of tiny stones, gravel, and sand. Asphalt anchors are easily identifiable by the barbs that protrude from their sides. Concrete anchors, although valid on concrete slabs, are not suitable for asphalt foundations as they could cause cracking.
Get your triple wide steel garage certified for local wind and snow loads to avoid trouble when the weather goes nuts! Certified metal structures are pre-engineered to meet the worst weather loads that we expect to hit your area. We’re talking upwards of 140mph wind speeds and 30PSF snow loads. These structures provide extra safety and peace of mind; everything you have under the roof has guaranteed protection. Not to mention, better warranties. Even if your locality does not have laws concerning steel garage certification, it is advisable to get a certified one if you can.
A lot of Creative Uses for Your Triple Wide Garage
Where do we begin? Don’t get held back with the traditional notion of using your garage for parking and storage. Let your imagination run wild and find lots of applications, so you can utilize the space you pay for dearly to the best of your ability. Let’s get you started with some tips:
- Man cave or she shed: simply decide what you want to do with your personal space and make your dream come true. Use the décor and color palette that you love. Is it a bar, foosball, art studio, or watching sports that you want? A steel garage can become your ultimate man cave, or she-shed.
- Guest bedroom: partition the garage or even use all of it to create spare bedrooms. Install windows, doors, floors, and insulation. You could also go ahead and replace the traditional roll-up doors with walk-in doors. And, if there’s no access to a toilet or shower, you can always squeeze in a space-saving wet room.
- Personal gym: tired of going out to the gym or just need one at home for convenience? Consider your garage space. You can turn it into the perfect gym at home with little-to-no modifications. It all depends on how cozy you want it to feel. Maybe put a rubber floor, mirrors, shelves, air conditioning, or a window to let in the fresh air, a flat-screen, and you’ll make it feel like the best gym you ever had.
- Retail store: now, there’s some outside the box thinking! How about a place of business? Our metal garages can convert into an ideal space for launching a retail store or any type of business that you may consider.
- Annex: an unattached metal garage makes for an ideal candidate for conversion into an annex. And, it will give both you and the occupant privacy and space.
- Home cinema: for those who love a place to curl up with popcorn or kick your feet up and watch a good movie at home, this one is for you. Consider installing state-of-the-art speakers built into the wall, recliners, and a projector or giant screen.
- Picnic shelter: our prefab steel structures come in parts, and you are free to leave one or two sides open, halfway enclosed, or even entirely open on all sides. This gives you a chance to design the perfect picnic shelter while cutting on costs.
- RV Cover: back to storage – forget about paying for RV shelters. With an Extra Wide Prefab Garage, you will have ample parking space for your RV and any other items you want to store. Be sure to order the appropriate leg height, so your RV has adequate headroom.
Pick Your Favorite Colors from a Vast Palette
American Metal Buildings offer a wide variety of colors and textures to ensure that we match your taste. You can personalize everything, including the roof, trim, and walls. Picking the right color for both the interior and exterior is an essential process because the paint lasts for years. You’ll probably have to look at it for decades to come. As a rule of thumb, you want to match your home’s existing colors and landscape, creating a harmonized look. You have a ton of color options, including:
- Earth brown
- Barn red
- Cardinal red
- Quaker gray
- Pewter gray
- Slate blue
- Pebble beige
Why and How to Obtain a Triple Wide Garage Permit
There are always procedures to be followed before starting a new building project. Before you can even begin digging up your foundation, you’ll have to obtain a building permit. And, don’t get it mistaken for a zoning permit (which only indicates that you are allowed to build the structure and use it as you please). A building permit is sometimes necessary for creating a safe 26-30’ Wide Metal Garage. Meeting this requirement helps to prevent loss of property, injury, or death.
The procedure is relatively straightforward:
- You might want to begin by meeting with a local code official, so they can advise you on whether you’ll need a permit for the project. Permits are mostly necessary when constructing new buildings, altering or repairing existing ones, rehabilitation of historic properties, or installation of new mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Once you’ve determined that you need a permit, create a project plan explaining the scope of the project as well as the kind of professional assistance it needs. Also, have all the necessary forms and documents required to submit the permit request.
- After submission, your application will go under review, and you’ll be issued your permit so long as everything complies with local codes and requirements.
How Much 26’-30’ Wide Garages Cost?
The final cost of your custom steel garage will be dependent on various factors – like size, roof-style, customizations, and location. These factors, however, do not vary the price too much. In general, you can expect the costs of a 26’-30’ Wide Garage to begin at about $7000 and rise depending on the features and dimensions.
Don’t have enough funds to get your dream garage? American Metal Buildings wishes for you to have a great metal garage that surpasses your expectations in terms of service. Sometimes that can be hard is you can’t afford it, so we’ve partnered with various financial networks across the country to provide you with RTO (rent-to-own) and financing.
Our RTO program offers our customers one of the fastest and easiest ways to buy their dream garage. You only have to be approved, make a down payment, and keep up with your monthly payments until you have paid off the garage completely. What’s more, you can even choose to pay the remaining amount in one swoop whenever your financial situation changes.
Incredible Warranties on Your Extra Wide Garage
American Metal Buildings is the leading supplier of durable American-manufactured prefab garages. We are so confident in the integrity of our structures that we don’t shy off from giving our customers the best warranties. You get a one-year warranty on workmanship, ten-year warranty against chipping and cracking, and a twenty-year rust-proof warranty!
American Metal Buildings: Your Number Place to Buy a Steel Garage
You will never regret getting your steel garage from American Metal Buildings. We are the Go-To Metal Building dealer for customers looking for the best deals in the country. We have decades of experience designing buildings for residential, commercial, agricultural, semi-industrial, and motorhome purposes.
American Metal Buildings has a mission to design, build, and supply the highest quality American-made buildings to America and create more American jobs. We genuinely want to provide real solutions to real problems. Therefore, we guarantee our customers the lowest prices on metal buildings, the best lead times in the industry, and free delivery and installation of steel buildings on level land.
Call our building specialist now on +1 (877) 277-3060 to get a free quote and for further inquiries on metal garages.
Just fill the below form to receive best pricing & information from our customers care