Many Americans struggle to find ample storage space. Whether it’s tools and equipment or antiques and valuables, storage space is difficult to find. In fact, this need for storage space is so pervasive that it’s led to creating a multi-billion-dollar commercial storage industry. But there’s a better way! Premium metal outdoor sheds are a permanent, cost-effective storage solution that can be customized to suit your family’s storage needs.
These steel structures are highly adaptable and can be customized to store vehicles, boats, RVs, mowing equipment, and any other valuable you need to protect. They’re engineered to withstand high winds, harsh UV rays, mold, pests, and even fires up to 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit. So, if you need an all-in-one solution for all your storage needs, you’ve come to the right place!
Fill out the form to receive the best pricing on your dream building
Most Popular Buildings
We’ve been making online ordering easy and affordable for over 15 years. And we can help you find the perfect custom building for any need.
Roof Styles for Outdoor Sheds
When you purchase a metal outdoor storage building from American Metal Buildings, you’ll be able to choose from several roofing styles. These roofing systems vary in their looks and protective capabilities and include:
A regular roof is the roof style you’d see on a traditional carport, with rounded corners, a rounded roof peak, and horizontally placed paneling. It’s a great economical choice rated to hold up well in moderate climates.
An A-frame roof, or boxed-eave roof, looks like the kind you’d find on a traditional building, with overhanging awnings, a sharp roof peak, and horizontally oriented paneling. This roofing type is a great mid-level option well suited for regions with high winds but minimal rainfall.
Vertical roofs are our strongest roofing design, with the awnings and sharp roof peak you’d find on an A-frame roof, but with vertically placed paneling. This clever design allows rain, snow, leaves, and general debris to slide harmlessly away from your structure, keeping it from needing regular maintenance.
Customize Your Outdoor Shed
One feature that makes our buildings stand out from the competition is their customization possibilities. These structures can have almost every facet designed and customized to suit your needs. So let’s take a deeper dive into the many ways you can make a metal structure truly your own.
- Size : Having a structure that’s sized for your storage needs is essential! And that’s why we offer such a wide selection of building types and sizes. From small equipment sheds to large industrial buildings, we can do it all!
- Roofing Styles : You’ll be able to choose from several roofing types, each with its own aesthetic look and protective capabilities. These include:
- Regular Roof : Regular roofs are a great cost-effective choice that features rounded edges with horizontal panels.
- A-Frame Roof : An A-frame roof has more ‘home-like’ features, with overhanging awnings, a sharp roof peak, and horizontal panels. It’s a fantastic mid-level option designed to handle high winds but minimal rainfall.
- Vertical Roofs : This roofing type is the cream of the crop in terms of protective capabilities. It features an A-frame roof’s awnings and roof peak but with vertically oriented paneling. These panels allow snow and debris to fall from your building, preventing maintenance issues over the life of your structure.
- Color : Your metal shed doesn’t have to be glum and dreary looking! Instead, add a dash of color and life to your structure with our wide selection of color options. And if a subtle approach is more your speed, you can easily change the color of your paneling, roofing, trim, and even wainscoting!
- Steel Framing : Most residential metal sheds use 14 gauge steel framing as the industry standard. It’s perfectly suited to handle most moderate climates. However, if you live in a region that regularly sees high winds, intense storms, or snowfall, you may want to reinforce your structure with our thicker 12 gauge framing.
- Anchors : The anchor system our installation teams use for your structure will depend entirely on your chosen foundation. For dirt build sites, we’ll use auger-like anchors that screw into the soil. But for concrete bases, we’ll have bolt anchors that are drilled directly into the pad.
- Certifications : The certification system is a standardized process that ensures a building can withstand the wind, snow, and seismic forces in a given region. In most localities, your building will need to be certified before authorities will issue building permits on them. Failure to do so can result in significant fines and penalties. Additionally, if you ever decide to sell your property, a certified structure will be included in your appraisal, effectively increasing your overall property value.
A Vast Range of Applications for Outdoor Sheds
Just because our outdoor sheds work well for storing your yard equipment and valuables doesn’t mean it has to be used as such! These flexible buildings work in many different applications. To give you a better idea of how versatile these structures can be, let’s dive deeper into how they can be used.
- Home Gyms : If you want to stay fit and healthy but don’t want to waste a ton of money on costly gym memberships, why not move the equipment home? These metal buildings can be designed and customized to accommodate heavy workout equipment, weight racks, treadmills, and more!
- Entertainment Rooms : These structures can also be transformed into great entertainment rooms, home theaters, and family game rooms! So, if you’ve been planning a man cave or she-shed, this is an excellent option for you!
- Home Office Spaces : Having an office space separated from your home is a great way to declutter your physical and mental space. A metal building is the perfect, cost-effective way to maximize productivity and clear up your office environment.
- Pool Houses : If you own a pool, having a pool house is a great way to keep pool storage separate from the rest of your home. However, our buildings are so much more than that! They make excellent cabanas, restrooms, and lounge areas, too!
- Boat Storage : They say the two best days of owning a boat are the first and last days. But not anymore! Maintenance doesn’t have to be such a futile exercise when you can protect them from the elements 24-7!
- Craft Rooms and Art Studios : Whether you enjoy working on crafts with the kids or are an aspiring artist, an outdoor metal shed gives you the space and flexibility to inspire and create! These structures work well for woodworking projects, painting, sculpting, and any activity that brings you creative joy.
The Benefits of Outdoor Metal Storage Buildings
Beyond providing you with the storage space you need to declutter your home and garage, there are a host of other benefits these buildings offer. So many, in fact that we could go on about them all day! But to save time, we’ll dive into a few of the many benefits of owning an outdoor shed.
- Cost Savings : With lumber costs soaring, metal structures have become the go-to construction choice due to their longevity and affordability. Steel buildings can be constructed at a fraction of the cost of similar-sized wooden structures.
- Short Construction Timeline : Metal buildings can be built far quicker than most other construction methods. And where a wooden building might take weeks or months to finish, a steel structure can be completed in days.
- Durability : You’ll be hard-pressed to find a structure that’s as durable as one that’s constructed from steel. Wooden structures are prone to wear and decay, but steel buildings can last for decades with minimal maintenance needs.
- Low Maintenance : Most wooden structures will require constant upkeep to avoid costly damage from the elements. Steel buildings, however, can go for years with only minimal repairs and maintenance. Simply keep the roof free of debris, and they’ll last a lifetime!
- Versatility : As we’ve mentioned, there are very few structure types that are as versatile as ones constructed from steel. These buildings work well in residential applications, commercial establishments, and industrial warehouse settings!
- Elemental Resistances : Our metal structures are constructed using galvanized steel. This process makes our buildings naturally resistant to moisture, mold, mildew, pests, and even fires up to 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit!
Vital Things to Consider When Purchasing an Outdoor Metal Storage Shed
Buying any structure is a big deal! And to maximize your building’s potential, you’ll want to carefully research the steps involved in the process. To help you along, we’ve put together a checklist of essential things to keep in mind when purchasing a metal storage shed.
- Price Vs. Quality : You’ve undoubtedly heard the phrase “you get what you pay for.” This is, on average, true for any building or construction project. Sure, you might be able to save a few dollars by going with a cheaper, non-certified building. But after a few years of being exposed to high winds and intense UV rays, you may pay more in repair and replacement costs. However, by investing in a certified metal structure, you’ll save money time and again each time you won’t have to replace the roof or call a repairman.
- Design : When you purchase a metal building from American Metal Buildings, you’ll have an endless array of customization options. During this stage, you’ll need to plan out what you require from your structure, how you intend to use it, and what you want to store in it. By carefully researching what you need, you’ll have a highly functional and organized structure that improves your everyday life.
- Coordinating with your landscape : You’ll want to think about how you’d like to integrate your new structure into your property. For example, adding landscaping touches like bushes, gardens, and trees can do wonders for tying everything together.
- Paneling and Accessories : During the customization process, you’ll have the ability to change up the look of your structure by altering the colors and styles of side paneling. In addition to standard paneling types, you can add wainscoting and trim color touches to make the structure truly your own.
- Foundation : Here, you’ll need to decide what foundation type you need. You’ll be able to choose between dirt, asphalt, or concrete foundations.
- Zoning Laws : Before breaking ground on a new outdoor metal shed, you’ll want to consult with your local building authorities to ensure that you’re abiding by zoning laws. In most cases, these officials will also need to issue a building permit for your structure before you’re legally allowed to build.
- Installation: DIY vs. Pro Installs : American Metal Buildings handles delivery and installation for you! But if you don’t have time to schedule an installation, or if you want to take on a DIY project yourself, metal building kits are a great option. The choice is yours!
- Access : Every enclosed metal building needs a method of entry! You’ll want to carefully decide how many doors and windows you’ll need for your new structure and where you want to place them.
- Utilities : If you plan to add electricity and plumbing to your structure, you’ll want to plan and arrange a professional electrician and plumber to connect your utilities.
- Additional Storage : A final consideration should be given to any additional storage room you might need. Allocating extra space for any valuables or equipment you have will save you tons of headaches in the long run.
DIY Outdoor Sheds and Metal Building Kits
Are you a DIYer? Do you have a background in construction? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you might love our metal building kits. These kits come with all the components you’d find in a traditional metal building, except you install it yourself! If you don’t want the hassle of scheduling an installation, or you simply want to take on a weekend project yourself, a metal building kit might be for you!
Outdoor Metal Shed Prices
Metal buildings are complex pieces of infrastructure. As such, their prices can fluctuate based on several factors. These factors include:
- Raw Steel : Raw steel can vary based on demand, shipping costs, and logistical changes, influencing your building’s final price.
- Customization Choices : When you purchase a metal building from American Metal Buildings, you’ll be able to choose between a wide array of customization options. However, these customizations and reinforcements often require additional steel and resources, which can influence the price tag for your structure.
- Manufacturer’s Location : American Metal Buildings uses a vast network of manufacturers to ensure you can enjoy our metal buildings no matter where you call home. However, some manufacturers’ prices may vary slightly, resulting in changes in your building’s final cost.
- Installation Site : If your installation site is in a remote or hard-to-reach location, you may be charged additional installation fees, affecting your building price.
American Metal Buildings is Your Number One Choice for All Metal Buildings and Outdoor Sheds
No matter where you hang your hat, you can bet that American Metal Buildings has you covered with a wide selection of premium metal buildings. Our structures are strong, affordable, and built to last for decades. They’re also some of the most flexible building types on the market, capable of working in almost any environment or application.
So, if you’ve been thinking about an outdoor shed for your home, you’ve come to the right spot. Our dedicated team of building specialists will help you design, customize, and realize the structure you’ve been needing. Give us a call today at +1 (877) 277-3060, and let us walk you through the process step by step! Take control of your storage problems with a building tailored to your needs!
Just fill the below form to receive best pricing & information from our customers care