Metal Barn Kits
Are you a farmer or a rancher? Own some livestock you need to protect? Or perhaps you have some other uses in mind for a custom metal barn structure. No matter what you’re looking for, there’s a custom metal barn kit from American Metal Buildings that can meet your needs! Our prefab metal barn kits are perfect for farm or agricultural use and can be equally helpful for residential or commercial applications as well.
We’re happy to install your metal barn for you, OR you can choose to install your own custom metal barn kit as a DIY project. Why choose a metal barn kit from American Metal Buildings? You can put up your barn yourself on your own schedule, and you’ll also receive a discount on your building purchase price!
Fill out the form to receive the best pricing on your dream building
What Comes in Your Metal Barn Kit
Each of our metal buildings is completely customizable, and that includes our metal barn kits, too. Another benefit that comes with choosing one of our steel barn kits is that American Metal Buildings provides all the needed building components, fasteners, and anchors needed for your building installation. Here’s what your metal barn kit from American Metal Buildings includes:
- Steel tube framing and supports
- Roofing panels
- All chosen side paneling
- All needed fastening hardware, nuts, & bolts
- All necessary building anchors
- Any other customization features you select (including specific colors, trim, etc.)
And here’s another benefit of choosing a metal barn kit. Every individual building component is fabricated, measured, and pre-cut to meet your exact design specifications. Once your building materials arrive on site, you’ll then be ready to go in terms of getting started with your barn installation!
Types of Metal Barns We Offer with Our Barn Kits
What type of metal barn does your particular situation require? We’ve got you covered. No matter the specifics of your intended building usage, American Metal Buildings can provide a metal barn kit to suit!
- Regular Roof Barn – Regular roof barns are popular for a number of reasons, not least of which for the fact that a regular roof is the most economical option. These barns present a familiar, rounded appearance and come with horizontal roof paneling. They provide reliable protection from both sunshine and precipitation.
- A-Frame Roof Barn – A-frame barns (also referred to as boxed-eave barns) are generally appreciated for the way their roof resembles the look of a standard home roof. A-frame roofs offer better structural support than regular roofs, too. A-frame roofs also come with the same horizontal roof paneling used standard on regular roofs.
- Vertical Roof Barn – The vertical roof is a fantastic choice, as it offers stronger engineering and a more reliable level of performance than other comparable metal roof designs. It features extra supports and reinforcements and includes vertical paneling, which sheds precipitation and debris with ease. Vertical barns can also withstand heavier wind/snow loads.
- Raised Center Barn – These barns feature a raised center section, giving them a more unique look and level of functionality. The center section often serves as the primary area for housing animals, while the two adjacent sides work well for storage. These barns are great for any number of farm or agricultural applications.
- Continuous Roof Barn – Continuous roof barns are also known as Seneca barns and are another popular choice. They’re often divided into sections much like a raised center barn but are covered with a single, continuous roof. These barns can be used to serve multiple purposes, ranging from an animal shelter to vehicle parking to general storage.
- Horse Barn – Many consider a horse barn to be its own category, but in practice, most of our popular barn designs can be customized for use as a horse barn. Many horse barns are covered with horizontal roofing with sloping edges, but you can honestly choose whatever roof style you prefer.
- Livestock Barn – Need a barn you can use for housing livestock or poultry, breeding, or simply for providing shelter whenever severe weather threatens your herd or flock? If so, American Metal Buildings has a metal barn kit solution for that! Just let us know what you need.
- Hay Barn – Not all barns have to be large. Perhaps you need a smaller barn for keeping hay, feed, or seed dry. But if you do need a bigger hay barn, we can do that too! American Metal Buildings can provide a perfect metal barn kit solution for whatever type of hay barn you need.
Customization Options for a Metal Barn Kit
Looking for a metal barn kit which offers lots of customization options? American Metal Buildings has them! We can work with you to make sure you get the exact metal barn you need, fabricated to your exact specifications for building dimensions, roof style, colors, trim, and more!
- Size : What do you plan to do with your metal barn? How big of a metal barn kit do you need? No matter what you require, we can provide the proper building width, length, and height to suit.
- Roof Style : There are some unique roof configurations available for barns, but most metal buildings come in three standard roof design options:
- Regular Roof – Regular roofs have a rounded look that’s popular for smaller barn designs. This roof style comes with horizontal metal paneling and is a more budget-friendly option. Just note that regular roofs aren’t necessarily the best choice for enduring severe storms.
- A-Frame Horizontal Roof – A-frame horizontal roofs are often commonly known as boxed-eave roofs; they’re typically designed in a manner which more closely resembles the shape of a typical home roof. A-frame roofs are also engineered to be more sturdy than regular roofs.
- Vertical Roof – A vertical roof takes a sturdy A-frame base and then adds extra reinforcements and supports. Vertical roofs are the strongest metal building roofs, and vertical paneling is effective at shedding both precipitation and debris with greater ease.
- Colors : Want to go with traditional barn red, or would you prefer to create another signature look for your barn? American Metal Buildings has lots of colors to choose from for your roof, side paneling, and trim. It’s really up to you!
- Doors & Windows : What kind of access points do you want to create for your metal barn kit? You can have frame-outs, roll-up doors, walk-in doors, and windows placed pretty much wherever you like.
- Anchors : What type of foundation will you use for your new barn? American Metal Buildings can provide whatever specialty anchors are needed to secure your barn to concrete, asphalt, gravel, OR plain level ground. You’ve got plenty of options!
- 12- and 14-Gauge Steel Framing : 14-gauge is a universally accepted standard thickness for steel tubing, and we can provide that for your metal barn kit. Want to upgrade to something even more sturdy? Just opt for thicker 12-gauge tube framing.
- 26- and 29-Gauge Metal Paneling : How thick does the metal paneling need to be for your barn roof and side walls? 29-gauge is a common standard, but you can also upgrade to 26-gauge paneling if you want something more rugged.
- Building Certification : Does your metal barn need to be certified? If so, American Metal Buildings can provide you with a metal barn kit designed by a professional engineer, which is also rated to meet any minimum wind or snow loads that are called for.
Site Preparation Checklist for a Metal Barn Kit
Once you order your metal barn kit from American Metal Buildings, there are a few things you should do to make sure your site is ready for installation.
- Choose a spot on your property : Exactly where on your property do you want to put your metal barn kit? Once you decide on the specific location for your barn, it’s time to get your site ready.
- Obtain needed building permits : Do you need a building permit in order to install your metal barn kit? Quite possibly. Just check with your local building authority to verify which building codes and regulations may apply.
- Get your site cleared : If there’s any trash or debris on your site, you’ll want to go ahead and get that picked up. It’s a good idea to trim back any neighboring trees or shrubs so you’ll have plenty of room to work, too.
- Make sure your site is level : Why does it matter whether your metal barn site is level or not? While you technically could install your own metal barn kit on a site that’s out of level, it’s really not recommended. The building weight won’t be evenly distributed across all support members, and you could also end up voiding any applicable product warranties.
- Make preparations for your foundation : If you’re installing your barn on soil, you really don’t have to worry about foundation preparations other than ensuring your site is level. If you’re using gravel as a foundation, just make sure the gravel is evenly spread. But for concrete or asphalt, you’ll need to get your pad poured and allow time for curing before building installation.
Application Possibilities for Your Metal Barn Kit
If you’re considering a metal barn kit, you probably already have an idea of how you want to use it. But a custom metal barn can really be used for lots of practical applications – here are just a few:
- Horse Barn : One of the most popular uses for a metal barn kit is to create a modern horse barn. Whether you need stable space, tack space, breeding space, or some other specific horse shelter function, a metal barn can easily be designed to accommodate!
- Riding Arena : Speaking of horses, how’d you like to have a covered shelter underneath which you can train and ride your horses whenever the outdoor weather simply isn’t cooperating? Many horse owners and trainers have found that a large metal barn makes for a fine riding arena.
- Hay Barn or Hay Shed : Uncovered, unprotected hay can develop mold & mildew, break down much more quickly, and even become unhealthy for horses or livestock to eat. Need a good place for dry hay storage? American Metal Buildings has a metal building kit for that!
- Grain and Feed Dry Storage : Where to store your grain, feed, and seed? Need a place to keep your harvested crops until they can be transported for sale? We’ve got a metal barn solution for that, too. Prefab metal barn kits can be designed in any custom size or popular style to suit your needs.
- Dairy Barn : Got cows? Need a place to keep them safe and secure whenever a storm blows in? Or perhaps you need a reliable shelter in which to house your bovine breeding and dairy operations. We can create a custom metal barn kit to meet your needs and expectations.
- Tractor and Equipment Storage : Of course, one of the most popular uses for a metal building is as a carport or garage for personal vehicles. Metal barns work equally well in the capacity of protecting farm equipment, too. A metal barn kit can be fabricated large enough to house anything from a tractor to a combined harvester!
- Workshop : Got a project you need to tackle? Maybe you just need some designated outdoor workspace where you can get some things done. A metal barn makes for a fantastic workshop for farm, ranch, or personal projects, as well as for pursuing your own hobbies.
What Makes a Steel Barn Kit Better?
What’s better about a steel barn kit, as opposed to going with a traditional pole barn or stick built? Pretty much everything! Steel is stronger, tougher, more resistant, and also more cost-effective to build with. Here are some more reasons to choose a steel barn:
- Rugged and Durable : Steel barns simply won’t rot like a wood barn, and they stand up better to constant usage. They’re also better engineered for withstanding almost any threat from Mother Nature, including rain, snow, wind, lightning, and even earthquakes.
- Resistant to Both Fire and Pests : Steel isn’t susceptible to termites, rodents, or other pests and won’t easily harbor mold or mildew. None of the same can be said for a wooden barn. On top of that, steel is non-combustible, making it much more fire-resistant.
- Fully Customizable : The versatility of steel tube framing allows for more complex architectural designs and more available clear-span interior space than is offered by a wood pole barn. It’s also easier to expand or adapt a metal barn in the future, too.
- Very Little Maintenance : Metal barns are easier to clean than comparable wood barns and need much less maintenance too. This really makes a metal barn perfect for farm or agricultural applications! And the metal paneling colors won’t chip, peel, or fade like paint on wood, either.
- Cheaper to Insure : Thanks to the superior strength, durability, and fire resistance of steel, your property insurance premiums can also be reduced by going with a steel barn. That’s just one more cost-benefit you get by partnering with American Metal Buildings!
Metal Barn Kit Prices
Owning a quality metal barn really makes good sense, especially when you take into account all of the practical multipurpose functionality a metal barn kit offers. But what about metal barn kit pricing? At American Metal Buildings, we understand that building price matters, so we work extra hard to minimize our costs in order to provide you with the best deal on a custom metal structure.
Your total steel barn price will really depend on a few key factors, including building size, roof style, and the specific customizations you choose to include. And total price aside, we know you might benefit from having some good building financing options, too. We’ve got them! Get in touch with us to learn more about our preferred financing and rent-to-own (RTO) plans at American Metal Buildings.
Why Choose a Barn Kit You Can Install Yourself?
American Metal Buildings is happy to provide delivery & installation services for your metal barn anywhere within our service area at no extra charge. Even so, there are some good reasons to consider taking on your own building installation as a DIY project:
- It will cost less : You can save some money on your building purchase price by going with a self-installed metal barn kit.
- You can install your barn on your schedule : No need to have to worry about scheduling a time for one of our install crews to show up. Instead, you can pick up your own metal barn kit and get to work on your installation on whatever schedule works best for you.
- You can show off your DIY skills : If you’re good at working with your hands, here’s another opportunity to be able to brag on yourself whenever you tell your friends, family, and neighbors that you put your new barn up yourself!
Partner with American Metal Buildings for Your Best Metal Barn Kit Solution!
Why partner with American Metal Buildings? If you want to bring your dream metal barn to life, it’s important to choose a provider who can actually help to make it happen for you. That’s exactly what we do – it’s right there in our company name! American Metal Buildings steel structures are produced with quality materials, are completely customizable, and are made to last. We believe that we’re best positioned to help you get exactly what you want in a metal building. Our team is here for you and ready to serve!
Don’t wait – get in touch with American Metal Buildings at +1 (877) 277-3060 to get your custom metal barn kit order started today!
Just fill the below form to receive best pricing & information from our customers care