Metal Building Kits
So, you’ve finally decided that you really need a new metal building. Good call! Whether you’re looking for a carport, garage, barn, shed, workshop, or some other application, American Metal Buildings has a metal building solution for that! Our team is happy to install it for you, OR you can choose to install your own metal building kit yourself.
If you love tackling DIY projects, and you’d also appreciate receiving an extra discount on your building – in that case, our custom-designed, precision-engineered, individually fabricated metal building kits really are an ideal way to go. Ready to start visualizing the possibilities? Then just keep scrolling down to learn more about what American Metal Buildings has to offer.
What Comes in Your Metal Building Kit
Our prefab metal building kits aren’t made with a cookie-cutter approach. Each metal structure is completely customizable and tailored to your needs. We provide all the building components, fasteners, and anchors you’ll need to install your metal building kit yourself. Here’s what each American Metal Buildings custom kit includes:
- Steel tubing frame members and supports
- Roofing panels
- All chosen side paneling
- All needed fastening hardware, nuts, & bolts
- All necessary building anchors
- Any other customization features you choose (including selected colors, trim, etc.)
There are honestly several things to like about our metal building kits. Each individual component is fabricated, measured, and pre-cut to meet exact specifications. Once you pick up your metal building kit and get it to your site, you’ll be ready to go in terms of getting your building installation started!
Types of Metal Buildings We Offer with Our Metal Building Kit Packages
What type of metal building are you looking for? The chances are good that we have a metal building kit for that. In fact, American Metal Buildings offers more options than you may have even realized were possible!
- Clear Span Buildings – What does clear span mean? It means we can provide you with a building that needs no interior poles, columns, or supports. How are we able to do this? It’s all thanks to the amazing load-bearing capabilities of steel tubing framing. A clear span building equals completely usable interior space.
- Commercial Metal Building – What makes a commercial metal building different from a residential metal building? It’s mostly a matter of size and intended usage. Residential metal buildings are typically smaller buildings used for things like carports, garages, and sheds. A commercial metal building often uses a thicker gauge of metal and is typically used for larger applications.
- Workshop Building – Need some dedicated, protected space just for getting stuff done? Of course, you do. Well, that’s not a problem if you choose a metal building kit from American Metal Buildings. We’ll be happy to customize a workshop building kit to suit whatever needs you’d like to address.
- Metal Building with Living Quarters – Is it actually possible to design your own metal building kit which includes space you can customize and finish for living space? Yes, it is. A metal building is really a more cost-effective approach to creating your own living space, and you can design your metal building home any way you like.
- Metal Carport – Need a place to protect your vehicles? You really can’t beat a metal carport. Use it to park your cars, trucks, motorcycles, or whatever else you may need to park. A metal carport kit also doubles well as a picnic shelter, grilling out spot, and more!
- Metal Garage – Metal garages have become popular across the country for a reason. They’re not just great for providing more secure protection for your vehicles; they also offer many other potential multipurpose uses. You can customize a metal building kit from American Metal Buildings to use any way you want.
- Metal Barn – What’s better about a metal barn building kit? It’s designed to take all the good features of a traditional wooden barn and then make them even better. They’re much stronger and more resilient and provide a more modern look for your home or farm, too.
- Metal Shed – Just after some space where you can keep your garden tools and equipment better organized and stored all in one place? Then you need a metal shed – and thankfully, we’ve got a metal building kit for that. Our steel sheds are much more reliable than a rickety aluminum shed, too.
- Metal Storage Building – Got more stuff than you know what to do with? That’s definitely a first-world problem, and it’s an issue that American Metal Buildings can help you to address. Purchasing and installing your own metal building kit gives you the ability to declutter your home and also increase your property value at the same time.
- Combo Buildings & Utility Buildings – Looking for a versatile building solution which offers both open-air coverage and more secure, enclosed storage space? Then look no further than a combo building kit or utility building kit from American Metal Buildings. You choose the building dimensions you prefer, and then you can divide up the space any way you prefer.
Larger Metal Building Sizes
If all you really need is a 20’W metal building, we can certainly accommodate that. Want to go bigger? We can handle that, too. Here are some popular options available from American Metal Buildings.
- 32 to 40 Wide Metal Buildings – A 30’-wide building can serve as a triple garage, but that may not be big enough for your needs. If you need a little more space, consider going with a 32’- to 40’-wide metal building kit from your friends at American Metal Buildings.
- 42 to 50 Wide Metal Buildings – Need a larger garage building with some space allocated for extra storage? Then you might really like a 42’- to 50’-wide metal building kit. A garage this large can easily accommodate most any RV, motorhome, boat, or piece of farm equipment while still having plenty of room for other uses.
- 52 to 60 Wide Metal Buildings – Once you reach the 52’- to 60’-wide building category, you’ve opened up a whole different level of possibilities. With potentially thousands of square feet of protected space available to you, there’s not much you can’t do with a metal building kit of these proportions.
Customization Options for a Metal Building Kit
Looking for some good ways to customize your own metal building kit? Sure you are. Well, that’s cool because American Metal Buildings offers LOTS of metal building customization options! We can get you whatever you need in a metal building, down to your preferred dimensions, roof style, colors, trim, and more:
- Size : How big would you like your metal building to be? Or – more correctly – how big of a building do you need? Either way, we can provide a metal building kit in practically any width, length, or height.
- Roof Style : Whenever it comes to metal building roof design, we’ve got some great options for you:
- Regular Roof – Regular roofs offer rounded angles and softer corners, and come standard with horizontal metal paneling. They’re popular for their traditional look, and regular roofs deliver reliable protection from both sun and rain.
- A-Frame Horizontal Roof – A-frame horizontal roofs are sometimes also referred to as boxed-eave roofs. They come with the same horizontal roofing panels seen on regular roofs, but A-frame roofs do a better job of mimicking the look of most home roof designs. A-frame roofs are generally more sturdy, too.
- Vertical Roof – A vertical roof is really the premium choice whenever it comes to metal building roofs. It combines the strong design features of an A-frame roof with added reinforcements, supports, and vertically-oriented paneling. The vertical paneling does a great job of shedding both precipitation and debris with ease.
- Colors : What colors do you have in mind for your metal building kit? You’re in the driver’s seat, and you’ve got plenty of great options for your roof, side paneling, and trim. You can create whatever tone combination you prefer with American Metal Buildings!
- Doors & Windows : If you intend to enclose your metal building, you’ll need to decide what kind of entry points you’d like to have and where you’d like them placed. American Metal Buildings offers a variety of roll-up doors, walk-in doors, and window solutions to meet your needs.
- Anchors : One of the beauties of choosing a metal building kit from American Metal Buildings is that you aren’t limited to a certain type of building foundation. We can provide you with specialty anchors for installing on nearly any surface, including concrete, asphalt, gravel, and even plain level ground.
- 12- and 14-Gauge Steel Framing : 14-gauge is a standard thickness of steel tube framing for most standard metal building applications. But if you’re planning for a commercial or industrial building – or just want the peace of mind that comes from choosing thicker tubing – we can also provide 12-gauge framing for your metal building kit.
- 26- and 29-Gauge Metal Paneling : 29-gauge is the general standard for metal roof paneling and side wall paneling. We’ve got plenty of that for you, but we also can provide a sturdier 26-gauge metal paneling if that’s what your particular needs dictate.
- Building Certification : If building certification is something you need or want, we can do that too. What’s a certified metal building? It’s one that’s designed by a professional engineer and rated to meet minimum wind and snow loads. If you need a certified building, American Metal Buildings can provide it!
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Metal Building Kit
In case you haven’t installed your own metal building kit before, here are just a few popular questions we get, along with answers provided by the pros at American Metal Buildings:
- Is a prefab metal building kit the best solution in terms of performance value? : Without a doubt. If you need an outdoor building solution, then a prefab metal building kit really is a smart move. But should you be concerned about the term “prefab”? Not at all. All that means is that each of your individual building components has been precision-engineered, measured, and fabricated in a dedicated manufacturing facility beforehand. This makes your installation process go much more smoothly.
- What can you really do with a metal building kit? : Honestly, anything you want. You can go with a carport or garage design for protecting vehicles, you can go with a barn design for protecting agricultural equipment or lawn & garden equipment, or you can help create your own perfect metal building kit design to meet your individual needs. Use your building for storage, workspace, to pursue personal hobbies, or whatever you like!
- Will a building permit be required? : In many circumstances, yes. Most of it depends upon where your metal building kit is to be installed and upon how you intend to use it. Many municipalities and counties do call for building permits where metal structures are concerned. Just check with your local building authority; if permits are required, you should obtain those before building installation.
- What about metal building kit customization options? : There are plenty available to you. In fact, American Metal Buildings offers potentially hundreds of possible customization combinations with your metal building kit. You choose your preferred roof style, trim package, colors, door and window options, steel gauge for framing and paneling, and more. We offer building certification options as well.
- What about financing options? : If financing or rent-to-own is something you’d like to consider with your metal building kit, American Metal Buildings can help you with that, too. We’re committed to helping by providing you with options to help you afford the building you really need. Connect with us to learn more about our preferred financing and RTO plans!
Site Preparation for a Metal Building Kit
Once you order your metal building kit from American Metal Buildings, there are just a few things you’ll need to go ahead and do in order to make sure your site is ready for installation.
- Choose your install location : Where do you want to put your metal building kit, exactly? Once you decide where you intend to place and position your metal building on your property, you’ll be ready to move forward with the rest of your installation plans.
- Obtain any needed building permits : If a building permit is needed for your metal building (just check with your local building authority to learn what regulations apply to metal buildings in your area), you’ll want to move forward with that. Any required building permits will need to be obtained before proceeding with your installation.
- Clear and prepare your building site : If your install site is already cleared, then you’re already ahead of the game. Otherwise, you’ll want to make sure to remove any trash or debris. It’s also a good idea to trim any nearby trees or shrubs to make sure you’ll have plenty of room to work while installing.
- Make sure the installation site is level : Making sure your site is level is another important consideration. Why does having a level site matter? That’s the best way to ensure your building weight is distributed evenly across all supports and also provides for greater metal building kit longevity.
- Make any necessary foundation preparations : What kind of foundation will you be using for your building? If you’re going to install on concrete or asphalt, you’ll need to get that poured and cured ahead of time. But if you’re installing on gravel or soil, you’ll mainly just need to make sure that everything is evenly distributed and level.
Multipurpose Uses for a Metal Building Kit
You probably already understand that a metal building kit is great for all sorts of multipurpose uses. Otherwise, you probably wouldn’t have scrolled down this far! But either way, here are just a few of the ways we’ve seen our customers use their metal building kits:
- Carport or Garage : Carports and garages are still some of the most popular uses for metal buildings, and for good reasons. A metal building kit can be fabricated to accommodate any number of personal vehicles and can also be designed for housing RVs, motorhomes, boats, or whatever you need.
- Storage Facility : Got some lawn equipment or decorations you need to store? Or perhaps you’ve simply accumulated more stuff than you can comfortably keep in your house anymore. No matter what your particular storage needs or goals, there’s a metal building kit solution for that!
- Workshop : If you need a dedicated place for getting things done, a metal building kit is a perfect solution. Work on your car, do some carpentry, complete a project, pursue a hobby … you can do all of that in a metal building, and more!
- Man Cave or She-Shed : Of course, a metal building kit doesn’t just have to be used for storage or work. You can also use your metal building for personal leisure or play! A metal building kit can easily be finished as your own man cave, she-shed, personal fitness facility, kids playroom, or whatever you want.
- Office or Business Space : Need a home base for your entrepreneurial efforts? Or perhaps you want to create some dedicated office space outside of your home while still being on your own property. No matter what your personal business or commercial building needs, a steel building kit can offer the solution you need.
- Private Picnic Shelter : Are you a grillmaster? A metal building kit gives you a perfect space for cooking out, no matter the weather. Like to have a covered space for hosting outdoor meals, parties, or gatherings? A metal building works great for that, too.
Why Choose a Metal Building Kit You Can Install Yourself?
American Metal Buildings is perfectly happy to provide delivery & installation services for your metal building anywhere within our service area with standard purchase. But having said that, there are also some good reasons to consider installing yourself as a DIY project:
- It will cost less : You can save some money on your metal building by going with a self-installed metal building kit.
- You can install your building on your own schedule : By choosing a metal building kit, you won’t have to wait to schedule a time for one of our installation crews to come to your property. Instead, you can pick up your metal building kit and get started on your installation as soon as you’re ready!
- Flex those DIY skills : If you like to work with your hands, then here’s another great opportunity for you. And once you finish installing your new metal building, feel free to brag to your friends, family, and neighbors about getting it put up yourself!
Metal Building Kit Prices
Having your own custom metal building really is a wonderful thing, especially when you consider all of the good ROI you can get out of it. But what does a metal building kit cost? That’s a great question. At American Metal Buildings, we understand that price matters to you, so we work hard to keep our costs down in order to provide you with the best deal on your metal structure.
Your total steel building price will ultimately depend on things like final building dimensions, roof style, and whatever customizations you want to include. And whenever you choose a custom metal building kit that you install yourself, you’ll also receive an additional discount. Want to explore your building financing options? We’ve got some great financing and rent-to-own (RTO) plans, too.
Why Choose a Metal Building Kit from American Metal Buildings?
What’s better about a steel building kit? Practically everything! Steel is strong, tough, resistant, and also very cost-effective building material. Here are a few reasons to choose a steel building kit from American Metal Buildings:
- Reliable Protection : One of the main functions of any outdoor building is to be able to protect your vehicles and possessions from sun, wind, precipitation, weather extremes, and pests. A steel building really checks all the boxes. It’s tough and rugged, and is also fire-resistant, pest-resistant, and mold-resistant.
- Long-Lasting : Steel is a much stronger and more durable construction material than wood. Why choose a pole barn or stick build, when there’s a much better building solution available to you?
- Flexible & Completely Customizable : You can design a steel building kit any way you want, and you can include whatever multipurpose functionality you need. Whenever it comes to customization options, the sky’s the limit with American Metal Buildings!
- Easy to Insulate and Finish, Too : Steel tubing provides better conservation of materials. Steel framing offers more attic and wall cavity space which can be filled with energy-saving insulation. If you need a climate-controlled facility, a metal building can be insulated to meet whatever comfort standards you require.
- Simple to Clean and Maintain : The last thing you probably want or need is a metal building which requires lots of maintenance. Not only is a steel building basically maintenance-free (especially in comparison to a wood building), but it’s also simple to clean and easier to keep clean.
Don’t wait – get in touch with American Metal Buildings today at +1 (877) 277-3060 to get started with your own custom metal building kit!
Busy? Take expert Advice
Just fill the below form to receive best pricing & information from our customers care