42’-50’ Wide Metal Buildings
Designed for Functionality and Durability
Steel buildings are durable, fire-resistant, versatile, highly functional, and so much more. They can also fulfill nearly every building needs at higher efficiencies than traditional structures made of concrete or wood. These attributes have made steel buildings highly sought after, with ever-increasing popularity. Metal buildings in the 42’-50’ Wide category are especially ideal for almost every use that demands ample interior space.
Most Popular Buildings
We’ve been making online ordering easy and affordable for over 15 years. And we can help you find the perfect custom building for any need.
A ton of Customization Possibilities
Steel is easier to work with than other construction materials, and we take full advantage of that. We maintain high customizability of our 42’-50’ Wide Prefab Buildings. Therefore, our customers have a chance to choose exactly what they want. You can tailor everything, from the prominent features such as size and building color to the fine details like trims, anchors, and so much more! Here are some of the things you can customize:
As you probably expected, size is the first thing you get to choose. In this category, building sizes begin at a 42-foot width and go up by 2’ for every larger building. The lengths start at 21’ and increase by 5’. For example, we have 42’×21’, 42’×26’, 42’×31’, 44’×21, 44×26, and so on. They can get as large as you want because there’s always the possibility of joining two buildings to form a larger one.
Our color palette features over 15 different color choices. You can select a combination of several colors to achieve a spectacular look. The walls, roof, trims, and doors can all get separate paints. We want our customers to be able to customize as much as possible.
12 and 14 Gauge Framing
Our steel framings come in either 12-gauge or 14-gauge depending on the strength and sturdiness we are designing for. In metals, the lower the gauge, the higher the thickness. 14-gauge offers a minimum of approximately 0.070” sheet thickness while 12-gauge comes in at 0.098”, which is about 40% heavier.
12-gauge framing is better than 14-gauge at handling dynamic pressure. You can cut on costs with 14-gauge if you only expect your building to battle light loads of rain, snow, and wind. However, 12-gauge is more resistant to forces of nature, and it’s the one we use for our certified 42’-50’ Wide Custom Buildings.
26 and 29 Gauge Roofing Sheets
29-gauge panels are about 0.36mm thick, whereas 26-gauge panels are approximately 0.48mm thick. Therefore, 26-gauge is slightly more expensive than 29-gauge. The thickness of the metal you choose may affect how well your roof holds up under severe weather. If you expect much snow, heavy rain, and high wind speeds, take no chances by going for 26-gauge. Thick roofing sheets are also more resistant to bending and denting.
For your doors, we have both roll-up and walk-in styles. Both come in various sizes. Walk-in doors are perfect for significant human traffic. They do not cost as much and get the job done.
Roll-ups, on the other hand, are perfect where you need a large entrance for automobiles and machinery or any other large items. They are durable (can take repeated opening and closing without fatigue), nearly impossible to break into, and save on space. But it doesn’t have to be “either-or.” You can always use a combination of both doors for maximum efficiency.
For some natural lighting and giving your building a complete look, you’re going to need some windows. You can have them in any size, on any side of the building, and at any position (left, right or center). It all depends on your preferences. And perhaps the general layout of the area surrounding your building as well as plans for the future. The last thing you want is to place a window only to block the light with another structure.
Just one caveat – if you are extremely precise with your window placement, be sure to consult our design specialists concerning the locations of the legs. We advise against cutting through the structural elements.
If you are going to be putting up some walk-in doors and windows, you’ll need frame-outs. These form an outline within which the doors and windows go. They help to keep everything neatly secured and avoid leaks through openings surrounding the doors and windows. Your frame-outs are fully customizable too. You could choose to match the wall, window, or roof colors.
You don’t want severe winds blowing away your precious steel buildings simply because you did not anchor it properly. We have unique types of anchors to match any kind of surface on which you might be installing your building.
- Rebar anchors: for your installation on the ground, you could use rebar anchors. However, these anchors cannot stand up to strong winds effectively. And they do not come with a warranty. If your location receives winds strong enough to pose a potential risk, you want to look into the other types of anchors for solutions.
- Mobile Home anchors: if you need more reliable protection for ground installations than what rebar anchors have to offer, this is your perfect fit. We screw mobile home anchors into the ground for safe anchoring. Then, we latch them onto the base rails with bolts to secure the building. If you get the right number of mobile home anchors for your specific building size, you can obtain a wind warranty.
- Asphalt anchors: just like mobile home anchors, asphalt anchors, are latched onto the side of the base rails with bolts. They work by inserting into a hole drilled on the asphalt foundation, but first, you need some grout in the hole. Then you enter the anchor to the right depth, or until it is flush with the base rail. The grout typically cures in about 15 minutes, although they take longer to achieve maximum strength.
- Concrete anchors: work by expanding when tightened, thus locking inside a hole drilled into the concrete slab. You might want to allow a lip of about 3 inches on the concrete slab to avoid chipping during installation. Otherwise, if the foundation is flush with the building, you could purchase L-brackets. Concrete anchors offer adequate protection on concrete foundations, but must never be used on asphalt as they could cause cracking.
Our certified 42’-50’ Wide Steel Buildings come with multiple advantages over the non-certified ones. They are stronger, more durable, and reliable. Therefore, they attract better warranties. These are the building types you want to get if there’s local building inspection in your area. Moreover, certified metal buildings don’t take any chances with the forces of nature. We are talking upwards of 30PSF snow loads and 140mph wind.
Astounding Protection from Galvanized Steel on Your 42’-50’ Wide Metal Building
Our steel buildings are made of galvanized steel to ensure adequate protection under the harshest weather conditions. Galvanized steel undergoes a series of precise procedures – like cleaning and degreasing, pickling, fluxing, galvanization, and inspection – before we use it for construction. That way, we are confident that your building will stand the test of time. How are we sure of that?
- Galvanized steel is more rust-resistant than any ordinary steel in the market. The zinc coating does not corrode for decades. And, the coat offers excellent protection, even to sharp corners and recesses, which other materials wouldn’t coat properly.
- Galvanized steel lasts over 50 years on an average.
- Lastly, galvanized steel offers a lower initial cost than other treated steels. And, it does not call for additional surface preparations.
42’-50’ Wide Metal Buildings Come with a Vertical Roof for Maximum Strength
Our 42’-50’ Wide Steel Buildings intentionally come with a vertical roof design only. Arranging the roof panels vertically ensure that snow, leaves, and debris fall off more efficiently. If the ridges were horizontal, the loads would pile up and increase the chances of structural failure.
What’s more, vertical roofs have extra hat channels running throughout the entire length of the roof. This addition enhances the strength and overall sturdiness of the structure. Such fine details are incredibly crucial, especially for large steel buildings.
Worried about Building Permits for 42’-50’ Wide Metal Buildings?
Some regions may require a permit before you start digging a foundation, even for small buildings. In other places, however, building permits are only necessary for large projects. The procedure for getting one is pretty straightforward:
- Consult a local code official concerning the conditions for acquiring a license and whether you need one in the first place.
- Get all the necessary documentation ready and submit your permit request.
- So long as you comply with the laws, you get your permit!
Flexible Prices on all Sizes in the 42’-50’ Wide Metal Buildings Class
The buildings in this category begin at a width of 42’ and rise by 2’ increments up to 50’. The lengths start at 21’ and go up by 5’. The only reason why we use the width to categorize steel building sizes that that’s where the design challenges are. With the length, we can always go as far as you want, or even connect several buildings.
The final price tag on your buildings will depend on various factors, including added customizations, location, and size (length, width, and height). We try our best to fight off other external factors such as fuel costs and the price of steel in the industry. So you can always get your dream metal building at affordable rates. The prices of 42’-50’ Wide Metal Buildings generally start at $15,500.
We boast the best RTO and financing programs in the industry, helping our customers get the buildings they want even without much money. Our RTO program is a perfect fit when your credit rating is not high enough. You only have to pay a small initial amount, get your building, and continue using it as you make monthly payments to clear the remaining amount.
We also have partnerships with various financial institutions across the country, enabling us to offer our customers some of the best financing options in the steel building industry.
Free Delivery and Installation of Your 42’-50’ Wide Metal Buildings
American Metal Buildings give better lead times than any other steel structure provider. We bring your building in just 4-6 weeks. Are you in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana? We got you covered with free delivery and installation.
Think American Metal Buildings for Your Steel Building Solutions
American Metal Buildings is armed with a team of highly qualified building specialists that puts us in a unique position to deliver fantastic customer service. We are on a mission to design, build, and sell American-made buildings to America, creating more jobs in the country.
We guarantee our customers get the lowest prices on metal buildings and the best lead times in the industry, complete with free delivery and installation on level surfaces. American Metal Buildings is the one reliable Go-To Metal Buildings dealer in the country. From residential to commercial to agricultural to semi-industrial to motorhome buildings, we take care of everything.
Call us now on +1 (888) 896-0027 to get a free quote and talk to our building specialist for further inquiries.