If you’re searching for a building capable of handling all your storage and warehouse needs, you’re in the right place. Steel buildings are a strong, long-lasting construction option that is versatile enough to suit a wide range of applications. These structures can be built at enormous sizes and can be customized for almost any need. As a result, many businesses and storage facilities turn to metal buildings for commercial storage, industrial buildings, and manufacturing facilities.
Fill out the form to receive the best pricing on your dream building
Most Popular Buildings
We’ve been making online ordering easy and affordable for over 15 years. And we can help you find the perfect custom building for any need.
How Warehouses Have Evolved Through the Years
To be successful, businesses must evolve to meet the needs of consumers. Unfortunately, this has never been truer in the digital age, where many companies have shifted to digital storefronts and marketplaces in addition to brick-and-mortar establishments. In response to these ever-changing trends, metal buildings have become a go-to solution for many businesses. These businesses rely on these structures for their cost-efficient design and adaptability.
Many different industries enjoy the benefits these resilient structures offer. They’re far more affordable than wooden alternatives and can be built in a fraction of the time with minimal hassle and upkeep. They have the flexibility to work in a wide range of business types and are engineered to last for years beyond the competition.
Metal Warehouses: Multipurpose Structures
One key factor that makes metal warehouses so popular is their versatility. To give you an idea of how flexible these structures can be, we’ve put together some interesting ways they’re used on a regular basis.
- E-Commerce Storage : In the digital age, many businesses operate with a website as their only retail space. Despite giving up the brick-and-mortar establishments, these companies all still need an abundance of storage space for their inventory. And metal buildings are some of the only construction types capable of being built large enough for many processing facilities.
- Manufacturing : Manufacturing companies have long relied on metal warehouses to house their large equipment, inventory, and workforce. These structures offer the open square footage necessary to operate businesses of this size. In addition to sheer size, metal warehouses provide the advantage of easy expansion. Companies that find themselves growing quickly can build and add on to their structure without the need for costly engineering feats.
- Agriculture : Metal warehouses are extremely popular in agricultural industries around the US. Famed for their ability to store grain, livestock, and oversized farming equipment and their resistance to mold, mildew, and pests, these structures are a go-to solution for many farms and ranches.
- Construction : Contractors and construction companies often use metal warehouses for storing lumber and large equipment like lifts and excavators. These structures offer the square footage, versatility, and elemental protections many businesses count on to survive.
- Workshops : Many woodworkers, artists, and fabricators trust metal warehouses to provide them with the room and the customizability to allow them to work. These structures work well in both residential settings and commercial businesses.
- Garages : With metal warehouses being so adaptable, it’s no surprise that they’re widely used in automotive repair shops, garages, and service bays. These buildings can be customized with multiple bay doors and rooms and can even be finished to make great office spaces and waiting areas.
- Fitness Facilities : Metal warehouses make fantastic gyms and fitness facilities for both residential and commercial use. These structures can be customized to accommodate heavy gym equipment, weight racks, and everything you’d need to stay fit and healthy.
Customization Options for Metal Warehouses
When you purchase a metal warehouse from American Metal Buildings, you’ll have a wide range of customization options available to you. These selections give you the power to transform a structure to meet your needs. So let’s dive deeper into the many ways you can change your steel structure.
- Size : You’ll have the ability to choose a structure size that fits your needs, with an expansive selection of different building types and dimensions. From small equipment sheds to enormous industrial facilities, there is one that’s right for you.
- Roof Styles : American Metal Buildings offers several different roofing types. These types vary in both aesthetics and their ability to handle certain environments.
- Regular Roofs : A regular roof is most akin to your traditional “carport” roof, with rounded corners, a rounded peak, and horizontally placed paneling. This roofing system is our most economical choice and is rated to handle moderate climates that see minimal storms and rainfall.
- A-Frame Roofs : An A-frame roof looks more like a house, with overhanging awnings, a sharp roof peak, and horizontal paneling. It’s a great mid-level option for environments with high winds but minimal rain.
- Vertical Roofs : A vertical roof is our premium roofing system. It combines an A-frame roof’s awnings and roof peak with vertically oriented paneling. This clever design allows rain, snow, and debris to easily fall from the roof, saving you tons of money in repairs over the years.
- Color : Your metal building doesn’t have to be drab and lifeless! Easily add a splash of life to your facility with a wide range of color options. You’ll have the ability to change the colors of your paneling, roofing, trim, and much more.
- Doors and Windows : No enclosed structure is complete without windows and doors! And with our customization system, you can add as many of both as you need! And if you choose to use custom windows and doors for your structure, just let us know the measurements, and we’ll frame them out for you!
- Steel Framing : Most residential metal buildings use 14-gauge framing as the industry standard. But for larger buildings and commercial structures, you’ll want to upgrade to our thicker 12-gauge framing to ensure a solid structure that can stand up to any weather.
- Anchors : The anchor system our install teams use will depend on your building’s foundation. For dirt foundations, auger-like anchors are screwed into the soil. However, we’ll bolt specialized anchors directly into your pad for concrete foundations.
- Certifications : The certification system is a standardized process of measuring a building’s ability to withstand the wind, snow, and seismic loads in a particular region. Most localities will require a building to be certified before issuing building permits.
Reasons to Choose Steel Warehouses
There’s a reason that metal buildings have become one of the most popular construction methods in the business! Let’s dive deeper into the many reasons to choose a metal warehouse.
- Clear Span Technology : Some of our structures are designed in the clear span style. This clever engineering feat allows warehouses to be built at enormous sizes with no need for internal support systems. It makes them incredibly useful for industrial buildings, manufacturing facilities, and storage warehouses.
- Ultra-Wide Structures and Limitless Length : Another benefit of these metal warehouses is that they can be built to any scale or dimension. For example, our ultra-wide buildings offer tons of space for storing large vehicles like buses, motorhomes, semi-trucks, and more.
- Cost-Efficiency : Steel structures are some of the most cost-effective construction methods on the market. They can be built quicker and far more affordable than expensive wooden alternatives. And by combining that with minimal maintenance, you’ll have a building that saves you money time and again.
- Damage Resistant : Unlike wooden options, metal buildings are forged using galvanized steel. The galvanization process makes steel naturally resistant to moisture, mildew, mold, pests, and even fires up to 1,200 degrees!
- Easy Customization and Expansion : Not only do our buildings offer an unparalleled level of customization options, but they’re also designed for easy expansion should your business or warehouse needs grow.
- Minimal Repairs : Wooden buildings will naturally decay over time and require constant upkeep to stay pristine. But steel can last for decades with little need for repair or maintenance. Simply keep the roof free of debris, and you’ll be set for years to come!
What Makes Metal Warehouses So Cost Efficient
As we’ve mentioned, there is a reason so many people choose metal structures over other construction options. And one of the best features of these building types is their cost-efficiency. That sounds great, but how does that work? Why are metal buildings more affordable than wooden ones? Let’s take a deeper dive to find out why metal warehouses and steel structures are the most economical building choice.
- Low Material Costs : Unlike lumber prices which have skyrocketed in recent years, steel remains an affordable construction material.
- Fast Construction : Steel buildings can be constructed in a fraction of the time it takes to build similar-sized structures using other building materials. For example, where a wooden building might take months to complete, a steel building can be made in weeks.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs : Throughout the life of your structure, you’ll rarely need to shell out money for costly repairs or maintenance. This will save you countless dollars over the years; each time, you won’t have to pay a repairman.
- Cheaper Insurance Rates : Typically, insurance companies base their rates on the relative risk factor for a particular structure type. Since steel buildings are inherently stronger and more resilient to damage and fire than wooden options, their rates are, on average, cheaper.
- Easy Modification : Wooden structures will require you to hire costly engineers or architects if you want to add to your current building. However, steel buildings are designed for easy expansion, saving you tons of time, money, and headaches.
- Durability : There are few things on the planet as tough as steel. For that reason alone, steel buildings tend to last for years beyond any other contemporary structure type.
- Ecologically Friendly : Raw steel has a much smaller carbon footprint than wooden alternatives and doesn’t require rampant deforestation. It’s also 100% recyclable! So, when your structure has reached the end of its natural life, it can be melted down and transformed into something new!
Planning and Construction
The planning and construction of your prefab metal warehouse is a crucial part of the process and requires plenty of forward preparation. And while your building specialist will have all the knowledge needed to guide you through the process, there are some essential things you’ll want to keep in mind.
- Building Codes : Prior to construction, it’s vital to perform the necessary research to discover your local building code information. You’ll need to abide by these to construct your building legally.
- Building Dimensions : How big does your structure need to be? That’s an important question! You’ll want to plan out exactly how much space you have available while keeping some extra space set aside to ensure a comfortable fit on your property.
- Overall Height and Interior Clearance : While overall building height may be more of a cosmetic and logistical decision, you’ll need to know how much height you’ll need for internal clearance. Typically, a ten ft. clearance for your building is more than enough for standard-sized vehicles and items. Still, if you need additional space, these buildings can be built to accommodate large vehicles such as semis, motorhomes, and tour buses.
- Roof Shape and Pitch : In modern buildings, steel structures can come with a variety of roofing types, so you’ll want to research what style best suits your needs. For example, buildings can come with single slope roofs where the roof slants from low to high or peaked roofs with matching slopes on either side.
DIY Metal Warehouse Kits
If you’re a business owner or have team members with construction experience, you may be interested in our steel warehouse kits! These kits come with everything you’d find in our premium buildings, except you handle the installation yourself. It’s a fantastic option for companies that want to handle the construction aspect of their building themselves.
With that said, at a particular scale, these buildings can become prohibitive to build without specialized equipment. For larger warehouses, you’ll want to ensure that you have the adequate tools and manpower to complete the job.
Metal Warehouse Building Prices
Metal warehouses can be enormous, complex structures. As such, their cost can vary depending on a number of factors. So let’s take a deeper dive into some of the aspects that influence the final cost of your building.
- Raw Steel : Raw steel is a valuable commodity that can fluctuate in price based on demand and shipping costs, to name a few.
- Customizations : American Metal Buildings offers a wide variety of customization options that give you the power to transform your structure into something truly unique. However, these accessories and structural reinforcements often require additional steel or engineering and will thus affect your building’s cost.
- Manufacturer’s Location : We are proud to use a vast network of building manufacturers to ensure you can get a quality structure no matter where you call home. However, these manufacturers have slightly varying prices, affecting your building’s final price tag.
- Installation Location : If your installation site is in an area that is remote or hard for our installation teams to reach, it may result in additional installation fees, which will influence your building’s price.
American Metal Buildings is Your Metal Warehouse Solution!
If you’re a business owner looking to purchase a new facility, you’ve come to the right place. American Metal Buildings is proud to offer a wide range of prefab metal buildings to suit any need, job, or application. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a small storage shed or an enormous industrial facility; we’ve the skills and experience to build the structure you need!
Give us a call today at +1 (877) 277-3060 and let our team of knowledgeable building specialists help you design, envision, and customize the metal warehouse you need to supercharge your business! Whether you’re looking for inventory space, manufacturing square footage, or simply a place to store your equipment, we’ve got a building for you!
Just fill the below form to receive best pricing & information from our customers care