Metal Garage Kits
Americans share many common struggles, two of which include having too little time and having too much stuff! American Metal Buildings may not be able to create more time for you, but we CAN provide you with a good solution for storing more of your stuff! Our prefab metal garage kits can be used to help declutter your home, protect your vehicles, and give you the space you need to get your home or business better organized.
We’re happy to install your metal garage for you, OR you can just choose to install your own custom metal garage kit. Why choose a metal garage kit from American Metal Buildings? You can put up your garage yourself on your own schedule, plus you’ll save a little money in the process!
What Comes in Your Metal Garage Kit
Each of our metal buildings is completely customizable, and that extends to our metal garage kits, as well. In addition, another great thing about our steel garage kits is that we provide all the building components, fasteners, and anchors needed for you to be able to install yourself. Here’s what your metal garage kit from American Metal Buildings includes:
- Steel tubing frame and supports
- Roofing panels
- All needed side paneling
- All needed fastening hardware, nuts, & bolts
- All necessary building anchors
- Any other customization features you select (including specific colors, trim, etc.)
And here’s another benefit of going with one of our metal garage kits. Every individual building component is fabricated, measured, and pre-cut to exact customer specifications. Once you get your building materials onsite, you’ll be ready to go in terms of getting your garage installation started!
Types of Metal Garages We Offer with Our Garage Kits
What type of metal garage do you want? What kind of metal garage do you really need? No matter what your planned building usage dictates, American Metal Buildings can provide a metal garage kit solution!
- Regular Roof Garage – Regular roof garages are a popular option for many reasons, including the fact that they’re an economical option. These garages deliver a familiar, rounded roof look and come with standard horizontal roof paneling. They can be counted on to provide good protection from both UV rays and precipitation.
- A-Frame Roof Garage – A-frame garages (also known as boxed-eave garages) are appreciated for how they look, and their roof more closely resembles that of many standard home roofs. A-frame roofs also offer more structural stability than regular roof designs. A-frame roofs also come with the same horizontal roof paneling seen on regular roofs.
- All Vertical Garage – The vertical roof is simply the best choice, offering a stronger design and a more reliable level of performance than other metal roof types. It includes extra supports and reinforcements, and features vertical paneling, which is better at shedding both precipitation and debris. Vertical garages handle heavy wind/snow loads better, too.
- One Car Garage – If you only have one car, truck, or personal vehicle to protect, a single garage makes good sense. The one-car metal garage is our smallest option, generally beginning with dimensions of 12’W and 21’L. But you can always customize those dimensions to suit your own individual needs.
- Two Car Garage – A two car garage or double garage is made for accommodating two vehicles and generally starts with a minimum width of 18’. But if you’d like to be able to open your vehicle doors wide with no threat of banging into any nearby stationary objects, we suggest going a little wider.
- Three Car Garage – Three car or triple wide garages are great to have on your property because they offer much more than just vehicle protection possibilities. They’re obviously great for parking cars, trucks, and more, but they also make fantastic workshops, family storage facilities, man caves, she sheds, and more!
- RV Garage – Being able to take advantage of an RV, camper, or motorhome is a beautiful thing. But where to protect it whenever you’re not actually using it? Installing your own reliable metal garage kit is an ideal solution. And American Metal Buildings can get you the metal RV garage you need!
- Side Entry Garage – A side entry garage allows you to install multiple garage doors, walk-in doors, and vehicle bays on the side rather than in the front. This building style works well for narrow lots, as well as for many commercial garage applications. We’ll be glad to help you choose the perfect garage design!
Popular Metal Garage Sizes
We’ve got metal garage solutions in every popular garage size. Trying to figure out the right garage kit size for you? Here are some popular options available from American Metal Buildings.
- 12’- to 24’-Wide Garages – Single-car garages typically start around 12’W, but 18’W is a better solution if you have a larger vehicle or RV to park. And 24’W is a common starting point for double garages designed for housing two cars, trucks, or related passenger vehicles.
- 26’- to 30’-Wide Garages – Thinking about a 2-car garage with some extra built-in storage space? Or maybe you actually have three passenger vehicles you need to park inside a protected metal structure. Either way, a garage between 26’W and 30’W is a perfect solution. And the best news? American Metal Buildings has them!!
Customization Options for a Metal Garage Kit
Looking for some good metal garage kit customization options? American Metal Buildings offers plenty of ways to customize your garage! We’re all about getting you the exact metal garage you need – from building dimensions to chosen roof style, to colors, trim, and whatever else you prefer for your building.
- Size : How big do you want your metal garage to be? How big do you need it? No matter what you need in a metal garage kit, we can provide whatever width, length, and height of building you require.
- Roof Style : When it comes to roof styles, we’re happy to provide you with options:
- Regular Roof – Regular roofs offer familiar rounded corners, and come standard with horizontal metal paneling. While regular roofs are the most budget-friendly option, they’re not advised for use in areas that experience many severe storms.
- A-Frame Horizontal Roof – A-frame horizontal roofs are also commonly called boxed-eave roofs and do a better job of helping your garage roof mimic the look of a typical home roof. A-frame roofs also feature a sturdier design than regular roofs.
- Vertical Roof – A vertical roof combines the exterior design of an A-frame roof with additional reinforcements and supports. The vertically oriented paneling is also better designed for shedding precipitation and debris off your roof surface.
- Colors : What colors would you like to use for your metal garage kit? You choose the roof color, side paneling color, and trim color. You can even go with an attractive two-tone wainscot if you prefer!
- Doors & Windows : You can create whatever points of entry you like for your metal garage kit, too. We’ve got great options for roll-up doors, walk-in doors, and windows for both convenient access and natural ventilation.
- Anchors : What type of foundation are you planning to use for your metal garage? American Metal Buildings has specialty anchors to provide for practically any surface, including concrete, asphalt, gravel, and even plain level ground. We’ve got you covered!
- 12- and 14-Gauge Steel Framing : 14-gauge is the standard thickness of steel tube framing for many metal garage applications. But if you want something that’s even more solid and sturdy, we can offer thicker 12-gauge tubing for your metal garage kit.
- 26- and 29-Gauge Metal Paneling : 29-gauge is a standard metal panel thickness for covering roofs and creating side walls. We’ve got that for you, but we also can offer a sturdier 26-gauge paneling for your needs, if you prefer.
- Building Certification : What does it mean to have a certified building? It means your metal garage kit is designed by a professional engineer and is rated for designated wind and snow loads. If you need building certification, American Metal Buildings can provide it!
Frequently Asked Questions About Metal Garage Kits
Got more questions about metal garage kits? Here are some answers to frequently asked questions we get from metal building customers at American Metal Buildings:
- Is a prefab metal garage kit the best way to protect your vehicles? : It really is. If you’re looking for an outdoor structure solution, a prefab metal garage kit is the best way to shelter vehicles and provide protected storage space. And don’t let the term “prefab” bother you. That just means that every component of your metal garage kit has been precision engineered and fabricated in a dedicated manufacturing facility ahead of time. This helps the construction process go much smoother.
- What can you do with a metal carport kit besides storing vehicles? : What can you do with a metal garage kit besides park your cars and trucks? Honestly, anything you want! Protect your lawn & garden equipment, and keep your tools organized. Use it for overflow storage of things that simply won’t fit in the house. Or turn it into a barn, workshop, hobby hut, man cave, she shed, or kids’ playroom.
- Will I need a building permit? : Quite possibly, yes. It really depends upon where your install site is located and how you plan to use your metal garage. Many areas do call for building permits for metal structure installations. Just check with your local building code authority beforehand. If a permit is required, you’ll just need to obtain that prior to installation.
- How many customization options do I have with a metal building kit? : With a metal garage kit from American Metal Buildings, you’ve really got hundreds of possible customization combinations from which to choose. You select the roof style, trim package, colors, door and window options, steel gauge for materials, and more. We offer building certification for areas which require it, or if you’d simply like to enjoy having greater peace of mind.
- Can I finance my metal garage kit? : You sure can! American Metal Buildings works hard to provide you with the best quality metal garage kits, but we’re also serious about helping you find the best way to afford the building you need. Connect with us to learn more about the preferred financing and RTO plans we have to offer!
Site Preparation for a Metal Garage Kit
Once you order your metal garage kit from American Metal Buildings, here’s a checklist of a few things you’ll want to go ahead and take care of in terms of site preparation before installation.
- Choose an install site : Where do you want to place your metal garage kit? Once you know exactly where you intend to position your garage on your property, then you can proceed with making appropriate plans.
- Gather any required building permits : Is a building permit required for your metal garage? The best way to answer that question is simply to call or visit your local building authority. If any permits are needed, it will be necessary for you to obtain those before you can proceed with the installation.
- Clear your site of any overgrowth or trash : If your chosen installation site contains any trash or debris, you should go ahead and remove that beforehand. While you’re at it, go ahead and trim back any overhanging trees or shrubs so you’ll have plenty of room to work.
- Level your site, if needed : It’s important to ensure your site is level before installing your building. Why does that matter for a metal garage? Having a level site means your building weight will be evenly distributed across all support members and will help promote the longevity of your metal garage kit.
- Make your foundation preparations : If you’re planning to install on concrete or asphalt, you’ll need to get your foundation poured and give it time to cure before starting your installation. But if you’re installing on soil or gravel or soil, your main concern revolves around making sure the site is level.
Multipurpose Uses for a Metal Garage Kit
You already know that a metal garage kit is perfect for parking vehicles and protected storage, but that’s not all you can do. Here are some more ways that people commonly take advantage of owning a custom metal garage:
- Host an Outdoor Meal : Planning a large gathering but don’t have enough room to fit everyone in your dining room or den? No worries – if you’ve got a metal garage, you’ve got a ready-made space for accommodating lots of folks! Hosting a family gathering or neighborhood event just got a lot easier!
- Playroom for the Kids : Sending the kids outside to play is good for them, and it’s good for you. But what happens whenever bad weather rolls in? All is not lost, and your kids don’t have to stay cooped up inside. Let them use your metal garage as a safe, enclosed play space!
- Workshop : Wish you had a designated outdoor facility where you could get some things done? A metal garage makes a great workspace for completing projects or working on hobbies. Get ‘er done!
- Man Cave : Don’t have a basement you can turn into a personal man cave? That’s OK, because now you’ve got your own metal garage! With just a little effort and creativity, you can create your own man cave in your garage.
- She Shed : Cyndi Lauper was right when she said that girls just wanna have fun. Like to have a place where you can get the girls together and do your thing? A metal garage can easily be turned into a she shed, too.
Metal Garage Kit Prices
Owning a quality metal garage really does make a lot of sense, especially considering all the multipurpose ROI you can get out of it. But what will a metal garage kit cost you? At American Metal Buildings, we know that price matters, and that’s why we work hard to keep costs down so we can give you the best deal on a metal structure.
Your total steel garage price will depend on key factors like building size dimensions, chosen roof style, and whatever customizations you decide to include. And by choosing a custom metal garage kit you can install yourself, you’ll receive an additional discount, too. Need some help with building financing options? We’ve also got great financing and rent-to-own (RTO) plans to offer.
Why Choose a Steel Garage Kit from American Metal Buildings?
What’s better about a steel garage kit? Almost everything you can think of. Steel is strong, tough, and resistant and is also more cost-effective as a construction material. Here are some more reasons to choose a steel carport from American Metal Buildings:
- Reliable Protection : The original intent of many garage owners is to be able to protect vehicles from sun, wind, precipitation, and the elements. A steel garage really delivers on all fronts. Not only is it tough and rugged, but it’s also fire-resistant, pest-resistant, and mold-resistant.
- Built to Last : As a construction material, steel is much stronger and much more durable than wood. Why choose a pole barn or stick-built garage when there’s a much better building solution?
- Flexible & Customizable : You can design a steel garage kit any way you like, and you build in whatever multipurpose functionality you need. Whenever it comes to customization options with an American Metal Buildings structure, the sky’s the limit!
- Simple to Insulate for Finished Living Space : Another advantage of steel tubing is that it offers conservation of needed material framework. One takeaway is that steel framing allows for more attic and wall cavity space which can be filled with insulation. If you’re interested in creating a climate-controlled facility, a metal garage can be effectively insulated to whatever level of comfort you prefer.
- Simple to Clean & Easy to Maintain : The last thing you probably need is a garage building which needs a lot of maintenance. Not only is a steel garage essentially maintenance-free, but it’s also very simple to clean and keep clean.
Don’t wait – get in touch with American Metal Buildings today at +1 (877) 277-3060 to get your custom metal garage kit order started!
Busy? Take expert Advice
Just fill the below form to receive best pricing & information from our customers care