Picture a community where, outside of school, young people have nothing else to occupy their free time. As a result, these unsupervised youth begin to engage in unhealthy and sometimes dangerous activities. Some may even turn to drugs or start committing crimes. As a result, the community becomes unsafe. People move away. Property values start to decline. The economy begins to suffer.
Meanwhile, in that same community, the older residents – particularly those who are retired – find themselves with nothing worthwhile to do in their spare time. The lack of physical and mental stimulation begins to take a toll on their wellbeing. They’re bored, lonely and feeling unfulfilled.
Now, picture that same community with a high-quality, well-run recreational center. Inside this center, there are countless things to do and experience. Children and adolescents can participate in sports, learn how to draw, get help with their homework and enjoy invaluable mentorship. Adults can stay active, learn new skills and socialize with others.
As a result, the kids in the community are now productive and the adults are healthier. The neighborhood is safer. Residents are happier. Home values begin to rise. The community as a whole is stronger.
That’s the kind of difference a recreational building can have. Given this impact, it’s no surprise that they are gaining in popularity. In fact, according to research conducted by the National Recreation and Park Assocation, the average American visits a local park or recreation facility more than twice a month. To meet this demand, more and more communities are beginning to invest in these types of recreational amenities. In particular, they are looking toward prefab recreational buildings. Here’s why.
4 Key Benefits of Recreation Centers
Over the past few decades, recreational buildings have evolved from basic gyms and generic sports complexes to dynamic activity centers serving community members of all ages. Old, run-down facilities are being replaced with prefab recreational structures made of steel and metal. The result is much more modern, multi-faceted facilities designed to bring communities together.
For youth, recreational buildings provide a safe environment to learn, engage, and develop critical life skills, such as discipline, healthy exercise habits, leadership, and teamwork. By offering free or low-cost activities, such as sports, arts, and after school programs, young people in the community enjoy a healthy outlet for their energy and creativity. Recreational programs also offer refuge to at-risk youth, ultimately reducing crime and drug use. All of this contributes to a happier and much safer community.
One of the nicest things about community recreation buildings is that they offer the opportunity to learn. Children and youth can take advantage of everything from homework assistance and tutoring to extracurricular activities, like book clubs and music classes. Recreational learning isn’t just for children, either. Adult learners can also benefit from community centers offering the opportunity to develop new skills or receive career assistance, like resume review or job training.
Active, Healthy Community
For adults, rec centers offer the ability to maintain an active lifestyle as well as opportunities to give back to the community through service. Staying active, both mentally and physically, is the key to enjoying a long, vibrant life. Thankfully, recreational buildings offer plenty of options for adult community members, including walking clubs, art classes, cultural activities, and more. For those seeking volunteer opportunities, rec centers offer the perfect solution.
Improved Property Value
According to NRPA research, 85% of Americans consider high-quality parks and community recreational amenities important factors when choosing a new place to live. One study of 16,000 home sales in Portland, OR, revealed that homes located within 1,500 feet or less from a park or recreational facility saw an increase in the value of up to 20%. Higher property values lead to increased tax revenue, which improves the local economy.
Why “Metal” for Recreational Buildings?
One of the biggest challenges communities face when investing in a rec center is economics. Traditional recreational buildings take a tremendous amount of time, money, and resources to construct, all of which could be difficult to justify and recoup. Prefab recreational buildings, provide the ideal solution. Not only are they spacious enough to house just about any recreational activity, but because metal recreational buildings can be constructed quickly, they cost less and provide faster ROI.
A few of the many benefits of prefab recreational structures include:
- Reliability and Durability – Steel recreational buildings are stronger and provide a more waterproof and air-tight roof system. The result is greater longevity and more bang for your buck.
- Versatility – Modern prefab recreational buildings are large and versatile enough to house almost any activity imaginable, from indoor tennis courts and gymnastics facilities to ice hockey rinks, driving ranges, swimming pools, and more.
- Virtually Maintenance Free – Prefab recreational structures are designed using durable, maintenance-free materials, such as galvanized steel. They practically maintain themselves.
- Fully-Customizable – Metal recreational buildings feature almost endless options for customization, from window and door placement to interior finishes to lighting, audio/visual systems, sporting equipment, and more.
- Weather Resistant – The materials used in prefab recreational buildings are specifically designed to withstand even the harshest elements, including high winds, heavy snows, and even lightning.
- Fire Resistant – Unlike traditional structures, metal recreational buildings offer superior protection against fire.
- Cost-Effective – Prefab recreational structures are remarkably affordable. And since they go up quickly and are designed to be long-lasting, they provide fast ROI and ongoing cost savings over time, making them a much more sound economic investment.
- Quick and Easy Construction – No more waiting months or years for your rec center to be constructed. Prefab structures can be built and fully operational in a fraction of the time.
American Metal Buildings Provide Great Metal Recreational Buildings!
Without question, recreational buildings are a tremendous asset to any community. They offer an opportunity for education and youth development, help make the community healthier and safer, contribute to a stronger local economy, and more. As a go-to metal building dealer, American Metal Buildings has established a reputation as a trusted leader in the industry. Our highly trained consultants offer unprecedented expertise, exceptional service, and quick delivery.
For more information on our prefab recreational buildings or to receive a free, no-obligation quote, give our building specialists a call today on +1 (877) 277-3060. We can make your vision of the perfect community rec center a reality.