The popularity of storage buildings in the United States is incredibly high. These buildings are versatile, serve an integral role in both business and residential applications, and have many other inherent qualities that keep them in high demand.
Because there is a myriad of options when it comes to selecting the right storage building for your needs, the process of finding the perfect building can be a little intimidating. With American Metal Buildings on your side, that no longer has to be the case. Check out the guide to finding the right storage building for your needs below!
Size Recommendations by Storage Needs
One of the primary determining factors when selecting a metal storage building is the space required to facilitate your intended applications, including your storage needs. While everyone’s needs and situations are unique to them, breaking down the typical size categories of steel storage buildings by their common uses is a great way to narrow down what building you may need.
Large Metal Storage Buildings
The largest category of storage building includes metal storage structures that are over 5,000 square feet. These steel storage buildings feature a clear-span design that maximizes usable space. Common uses for buildings in the category include the following examples.
- Cart Barn – Large amounts of usable space are needed for cart barn applications, and metal storage buildings can provide just that.
- Farm – Large agricultural equipment, quantities of harvested crops, and herds of livestock all require substantial amounts of space that only large storage buildings can offer.
- Industrial – Industrial applications often require huge machines, employees to run them, and room to store and organized goods.
- Warehouses – Space to store, organize, distribute, and otherwise handle large quantities of goods is vital and provided by steel storage buildings.
Mid-Size Storage Buildings
Not too big and not too small, mid-size metal storage buildings are just right for many Americans. Buildings in this category are over 2,400 square feet but under the 5,000 square feet that define large storage buildings.
- Garages – Whether it’s one vehicle or several, mid-size storage buildings can be customized to store them!
- RV Garages – Protecting such a substantial investment in your happiness is key, and a mid-size storage building is ideal for use as an RV garage.
- Tractor – Another large vehicle that needs routine maintenance is a tractor. Mid-size metal buildings facilitate just that.
- Hangars – Keeping aircraft safe and in prime working condition is key. Mid-size steel buildings make excellent hangars.
Small Storage Buildings
Sometimes, a little space is all you need. In cases like these, buildings under 1,200 square feet are the best option.
- Lawn – Storing your lawnmowers, edging equipment, and other lawn-related tools is a fantastic use of a small storage building.
- Motorcycle – Keep your motorcycle safe and dry by storing it in a small metal building.
- ATV – Your ATV will be ready for your next adventure if it is safely housed in a small steel building.
- Camper – Small campers can facilitate some of the best memories. Keep yours in fantastic condition by using a small storage building to protect it from the elements.
Other Popular Storage Building Sizes
American Metal Buildings offer several other metal building sizes to cover the needs of those who require something a bit different. In other words, no matter what your needs may be, American Metal Buildings can meet them!
- 50×100 Storage Building – These large buildings are designed to stand strong against all kinds of weather while providing you will large amounts of usable space. For example, agricultural applications often need to house giant pieces of machinery, vehicles, tools, crops, livestock, and more. All of these things can be safely contained in a 50×100 storage building.
- 30×40 Storage Building – This building size is ideal for those with larger garage needs, as it provides enough space to store multiple vehicles, tools, other residential or commercial goods, and more.
- 40×60 Storage Building – Another popular size for custom garages is the 40×60 metal building. Similar to its counterparts, this long building provides plenty of usable space for all your applications, from storing your classic car collection to running a mechanic’s shop!
American Metal Buildings is Your One-Stop-Shop
No matter what your metal building needs may be, American Metal Buildings can meet them. With a variety of standard sizes available and custom sizes a phone call away, you can count on American Metal Buildings to provide you with the perfect building for you. All you have to do is call today on +1 (877) 277-3060.